We Picked Key Qualities of a Truly Sexy Guy – How Many Do You Possess?
The traditional definition of “sexy,” courtesy of Merriam-Webster, can be something either “sexually suggestive or stimulating,” or “generally attractive or interesting.” But what’s the fun of sticking to tradition?
The idea of what makes someone sexy has drastically shifted throughout the years. The 1960s saw what can only be considered a total revolution when it comes to how people expressed themselves through fashion and the arts. Now, 60 years later, while some might prefer a man who jugs protein shakes, wiping his mouth using his shirt that’s hiding a set of six-pack abs, others aren’t necessarily pining after a purely physical specimen. Personality wise, nice guys don’t necessarily finish last anymore either, proving that even the most average of Joes can still catch the attention of a gorgeous woman from across the bar.
RELATED: The Most Traditional Dude Habits You Can Leave at the Door
As a society, we’re constantly reevaluating what traits in men we think are appealing (along with what we find overtly gross and sexist). That’s why, as it can also be difficult to stay on top of sexiness trends, here’s a comprehensive list of TK things we’ve deemed as sexy behavioral traits that will never go out of style.
- You don’t feel the need to constantly brag about material goods.
- You make sure those close to you are valued and appreciated.
- You know your limits when it comes to drugs and alcohol.
- You know that women are worth more than just their looks.
- You don’t expect to be treated greater than because of your gender.
- You’re respectful even if things don’t go your way.
- You have a strong sense of humor that shines bright.
- You have life goals, even if you’re still on your way to reaching them.
- You’re not helplessly terrified of commitment.
- You know a craft beyond the one that pays your bills.
- You’re not afraid to ask someone out even if it means getting shut down.
- You’re man enough to walk away from a fight instead of instigating it.
- You question the world in an insightful and informed way.
- You’re cultured, well-informed of the world even if it doesn’t necessarily pertain to you directly.
- You value both a classic slow dance and an opportunity to bust a move.
- You’re willing to listen and respect the opinions of others.
- You don’t need to dominate and control others to prove that you’re a man.
- You don’t play games when it comes to texting someone you’re interested in.
- You’re there for your friends when they ask for help.
- You don’t shun beliefs that directly oppose your own.
- You know how to show affection in your own way.
- You’re active enough that it keeps you energized with a good attitude.
- You’re open-minded in regards to identity, gender, sexual orientation and representation.
- You’re not afraid to cry during an emotional movie.
- You take good care of your possessions.
- You’re not afraid to say how you feel, even if it hurts you to do so.
- You hold the door open for others, regardless of their gender, color or creed.
- You participate in philanthropic events and organizations without bragging about it.
- You understand the value of money, savings and investments.
- You can stand out from a pack.
- You know when to put down a wall in order to get close to someone.
- You don’t find the need to take everything personally, and can take a joke.
- You have a great relationship with your parents, valuing quality family time.
- You’re proud of your friends’ successes, praising them instead of putting them down.
- You’re always trying to be a better you.
- You understand consent, asking someone if it’s OK before you touch them in a sexual manner.
- You have conviction in your morals and beliefs.
- You don’t cheat. Period.
- You call your parents to see how they’re doing before they have to call you.
- You have a sexual confidence that has nothing to do with what’s between your legs.
You’ve probably got some work to do.
You Might Also Dig: